College and Career Readiness
Astronomy ASTRON 001- Elementary Astronomy (UC/CSU) - 3 Units Requirement Designation: Meets IGETC 5A CSU B1 Students will study of the history of astronomy, celestial motions, the solar system, stellar origins and evolution, nebulae, galaxies and cosmology.
Monday, Wednesday from 3:10-4:35pm
THEATER 405 COSTUME DESIGN – (CSU) 3 UNITS Prerequisite: None | Lecture: 3 hrs A survey of historical periods and their application to the stage; an intensive study of costuming design for the stage; introduction to shop procedures; beginning principles and techniques of costume design including figure drawing, character analysis, and sewing.
Tuesday, Thursday from 3:10-4:35pm
Dual enrollment is for everyone. To qualify, 2.0 GPA and no U's on the last report card.
FYI: We are hearing from a lot of sites that there are still students struggling with access to the Student Portal and Canvas, so we are scheduling the following workshop for tomorrow afternoon.
NEW! Canvas/SIS Portal Workshop NEW!
· Tuesday, February 9
Time: 2:30 pm
Space: Limited to 30 participants
- A hand sewing kit. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Embroidex-Sewing-Home-Travel-Emergencies/dp/B00MG5FZWA?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_8
- fabric scissors (ie sharp enough to cut fabric, don't use to cut paper)
- A sketchbook - newsprint is fine, or recycled paper, or whatever the school already has
- 4-6 watercolor paper sheets
- 2-3 drawing pencils each.
- A pencil sharpener
- student water color set (Ideally Prang or Yarka )
- OR Watercolor pencil set