The Weekly Communicator
Week of Sept. 10-14, 2018
Mon., Sept. 10
● Unassigned day – NO SCHOOL
Tues., Sept. 11 – 1:33 pm Dismissal
● 1:45 Professional Development – Department Meetings
○ English, Rm. 39
○ Math, Rm. 60
○ Science, Rm. 66
○ Social studies, Rm. 77
○ 6th grade ELA/Social Studies, Rm. 40A
○ Electives (computers & visual), Rm. 38
○ Performing arts electives, Magnet office
○ PE, PE office
● 3:00 Faculty Meeting
○ Agenda: See handout published on Schoology
Wed., Sept. 12
● 10:30 ELAC Parent Orientation/Elections (Nelson, Winokur)
Thurs., Sept. 13
● Magnet Tours begin
● 3:20 SSC/AGC Meeting, Library
Fri., Sept. 14
● 5-Week progress reports go home
Agenda Planners – Are you making the most of your agenda planner? Write down homework, projects and other important due dates.
Dress Code – not sure if what you are wearing to school is appropriate? See page 11-12 of the 2018-2019 Millikan agenda planner for the school dress code.
Student Store – Purchase healthy snacks, supplies, PE clothes, and Millikan spirit wear before and after school, nutrition and lunch.
Be Safe – Protect and respect personal space.
Be Responsible – Be on time, throw trash away, and do your work.
Be Respectful – Use positive and polite language, stop and think before speaking or acting, treat others as you wish to be treated.
Announcements – please email announcements you’d like to include in The Weekly Communicatorto firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Fridays.
Child Abuse Awareness Training (CAAT) - All employees are auto-enrolled and are required to complete the Fall CAAT and assessment annually between July 1 and no later than September 28th. The Fall CAAT consists of a customized district training video followed by an assessment. T he training video is available online on the Child Abuse Awareness Training tab under “Offices” in the District home page and the
assessment is accessible through the Learning Zone. To access the assessment, employees should log in to the Learning Zone at https://lz.lausd.net select the “My Assessment” tab and click on the Start Link to begin the assessment.
Email & Schoology – Please check daily. Thank you.
Tues., Sept. 18
1:45 Professional Development on Schoology workshops Wed., Sept. 19
● Unassigned Day – NO SCHOOL Thurs., Sept. 20
● Magnet Tours Fri., Sept. 21
● 8:30 Coffee with the Principal
● Teacher Initial Planning Sheets due Sat., Sept. 22
● Springboard ELA Textbook Training – New ELA teachers Mon., Sept. 24
● LDNE Cadre Meetings Tues., Sept. 25
1:45 Professional Development
3:00 ILT – Library
Fri., Sept. 28
Child abuse training certificates are due to Cynddi